One of my very best friends lives 1200 miles away. She stayed put and I moved. Though you know you love someone and care deeply about them, you don’t realize what you are leaving. I thought I knew but I really r-e-a-l-l-y miss our time together. In retrospect, it is kinda’ funny the way we met. It involved kids and a BB gun. We both cried, we both laughed, and we both shook our heads in amusement. But I have to thank her kid and my kids for that BB gun incident. It brought two strange – oh uhhh, strangers together.
Just a few of the things I miss!
- Her big smile! Oh, I miss that so much!
- Her laughter
- Playing in the dirt together
- Sharing a cold beverage
- Planning a garden whether it be flowers or food…and we both loved it.
- Toting the yellow wagon down the street from one house to another with anything we wanted so share…of course it usually consisted of roots and dirt.
- I miss the camaraderie that we shared by being neighbors, the hugs, the laughter, the tears, the joy and the sadness, I miss not having my friend close by.
The phone is nice and email is okay too but it just doesn’t take the place of seeing the face of someone special.
Cherish your friends, let them know you care and love them. You never know what will change your world! Whether it be a BB gun or a moving truck.